How to Clean up Your Room The Easy Way
If you have guests coming over to your house and your room is in an absolute mess, and you need to know how to clean up your room fast before your friends arrive and get it looking show room clean? Read on…..
The first tip in how to clean up your room fast is timing. It should take no more than 15 mins to clean a living room, bedroom or family, using the methods below, however this does depend on the size of the room and the amount of fixtures and fittings there are.
Before you start work you will need to get together all of the appliance products and equipment that you are going to need. As an absolute minimum you will need:
- Vacuum Cleaner or wet dry vac
- Duster or microfiber cloth
Get Rid of Clutter:
- Knowing how to clean up your room fast involves getting rid of all the random items, such as toys, empty containers, magazines or general clutter that is lying around the room that is not in its correct place.
- It would take too long to individually put every item away, so as speed is of the essence, grab an empty container or plastic sack go around the room systematically collecting all the items and putting them in the container.
- Put the container or sack in a cupboard, or another room where the door can be shut.
Organize Your Furnishings:
The room should already be looking a whole lot better with all the clutter gone, so the next thing to do is to quickly organize the furnishings and items that are visible. This will only take a few minutes and should include:
- Straightening and arranging soft furnishing like cushions or throws.
- Making the sure bed is made in a bedroom, can transform the room instantly.
- If you have books that are visible, make sure they are straight on the shelf and not leaning over.
- Any magazines that you did not move out should be stacked neatly.
Clean Visible Surfaces:
- Grab your duster or microfiber cloth and systematically dust all visible surfaces, like counter tops, coffee tables, end tables and book shelves. Only concentrate on what is visible, so there is no need to clean all the shelves for example.
- If you have pets and there is hair on the sofa, a quick way to get rid of this is to use a rubber glove and wipe it over the material and the hair will form piles that can be vacuumed up.
Let the Vacuuming Begin
- It is always best to leave the vacuuming until last. A quick clean involves vacuuming only the visible areas, which means that you don’t have to move the furniture. This can be done when you have more time.
- The final tip in how to clean up your room fast is to light a scented candle, that will mask any lingering pet odors or pet smells.
How To Clean A Pond Using A Wet and Dry Vac
Knowing how to clean a pond using a wet and dry vac will save you a lot of time and energy Trying to remove all the dead vegetation from the bottom without a wet and dry vac is very messy and it is very difficult to get rid of all the dead waste and pond water.
(The first thing is Getting Prepared.)
The first thing to do is to remove the pond life. Find an old tank or large bucket depending on how many fish you have and fill it with the water from your pond. Using the water from your pond is less stressful for the aquatic life and will be replaces into the clean water at the end.
- If your pond does not have a hard surface around it, you will need to lay a piece of cardboard or thin plywood down to place the wet dry vac on.
- If you are working in a small space, make sure you can still get access to your drain port to enable you to empty your wet and dry vac.
- Before you actually start suctioning the water, take out all the dead and dying vegetation from the pond as well as any other debris.
- If you have aquatic plants in your pond these will need to be removed as well, and put them in a shaded spot out of direct sunlight so that they will not dry out.
- Get your hosepipe laid out and ready for when you come to re-fill your pond.
- It is also a good idea to have a bucket of clean water handy so that you can clean the inside of your pond when the water has drained away.
(Wet Dry Vacuums vs Pump To Remove The Water?)
- A good tip is to get rid of most of the water before you actually use your wet and dry vac. Most large wet dry vacuums will be able to remove all of the water, but this would mean constantly having to empty the tank, so a better solution is to connect your pond pump and attach either a piece of hose to the drain outlet and drain the water onto your plants or lawn. They will enjoy the drenching.
(Now it’s Time To Use Your Wet and Dry Vac)
- As the water starts to drain away, the sides of your pond will become visible and will be covered in slime and grunge. Use this time and use your wet and dry vac to remove the slime. When the machine becomes full you will be alerted and it will stop working. Use the cardboard as a base if your wet and dry vac needs the top removed before you can empty the tank.
- Keep an eye out for any small fish or pond life that may still be in your pond and place them in the bucket with the other fish.(When You Reach The Bottom…..)
- As you get closer to the bottom of the pond, the wet and dry vac will be suctioning up more debris and junk, so keep checking that the filter does not get clogged. If it does remove and clean as per the manufacturer instructions.
- Another good tip is to get an old scrubbing brush and lightly scrub the sides of the pond using the clean water from your bucket. You don’t have to get it immaculately clean only loosen the caked dirt and algae growth.
(Refilling The Pond)
- When you are satisfied that your pond is clean, you can start to refill it using your hosepipe. When full reconnect the pump and start it to get the water circulating. Because tap water has chlorine in it you may need to apply an additive to the water prior to putting your fish and pond life back in. If you are unsure check with your local pond supplier for advice.
Miele S7 Tango S7580 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
A vacuum cleaner is important in your house. This is true, especially if you have a big house. Of course, as you can see, cleaning the whole house manually is very tiring. But there are lots of vacuum cleaners out there. You can even buy cheaper ones. But the question is will they last longer? If you think you can save more by buying a cheaper vacuum cleaner, you are wrong. This is because, it may not perform well and it will only lead you to keep on buying another vacuum for replacement of the old and defective one.
That’s why it is still preferable to buy expensive, but durable vacuum cleaner like Miele S7 Tango S7580 Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Below are the reasons why you should choose upright vacuum cleaner for your house:
- Miele’s Amazing 1200-Watt Vortex Motor Provides Amazing Suction and Power / Made In Germany and Made To Last – The Miele Tango has a 20-Year Average Life-Span
- No More Belt Changes or Breakages! The Miele S7 uses a Separate Motor to Power the Brushroll which can sense a Brushroll Obstruction and Prevent a Belt Breakage and is powerful enough to turn the Brushroll
- Thousand of Rotations Per Minute for Aggressive Carpet Cleaning
- Sealed System Construction with True HEPA Filtration – Perfect for any Allergy or Asthma Sufferer
- Automatically Adjusts the Brushroll to the Perfect Height for Optimal Cleaning Performance on Any Carpet Pile or Carpet Type
- It has a unique swivel neck joint to navigate around furniture and the body of the Miele Vacuum Cleaner can be rotated for easy cleaning around obstacles.
- It is able to lie flat against the floor to clean the most inaccessible spaces.
- The Miele Tango sports top electronics to make vacuuming a breeze! Pressing the + or – button will adjust the suction up or down to one of the 6 pre-set settings. Whether you are vacuuming drapes, upholstery, throw rugs or bare floors the Miele S7 has the perfect suction setting for you.
- Miele Tango has an automatic suction setting button that will automatically bring the suction up or down depending on what surface you are vacuuming.
- No guess work here, the Miele Tango lets you know when to change your bag or if you have a blockage that needs to be attended to!
- Plug in the Miele Tango into the wall once and enjoy the extra long 39.5 power cord and minimal re-plugins.
- The Miele Tango has an integrated 12-Foot Flexible Hose allowing you to clean your stairs, upholstery and more with ease. A hose lock prevents you tipping over the machine as you pull on you machine for more hose length.
- The All-rubber wheels prevent your Miele Tango from scratching your bare floors as you vacuum. With the flip of a switch at your fingertips you can easily go from bare floors to carpeting or vice-versa!
- The Back of the Miele Tango has been molded to store all three included accessories (Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool and Crevice Tool).
- Both the Hose Handle and Vacuum Handle are ergonomic for comfortable cleaning!
- The Miele Tango comes with an integrated telescopic wand that stores right on the machine.
- The Miele Tango has a beautiful Titan Red Metallic Finish and 8 Brilliant LED Lights at the front of the machine to brighten your path as you vacuum.
Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Complete Household Cleaning
If you are just fed up of cleaning your house day and night and yet you are unable to get desired results then it is time to switch on to robot vacuum cleaner. It is a perfect household cleaning machine that is easy to use and can provide excellent results within no time. Robot vacuum cleaner is designed keeping in mind safety and comfort of the user which makes it one of the best vacuum cleaners available today in the market. The best thing about robot vacuum cleaner is that you can use it to clean your house or office without straining your muscles.
Robot vacuum cleaner comes with a great variety of accessories that makes your cleaning more comfortable and effective. Robot vacuum cleaner has really changed the concept of cleaning. It is a fully automatic machine that needs no supervision. You just have to on the machine and when you are back, you will find your room clean. It leaves not a single corner and hence provides the best cleaning that one can get.
Robot vacuum cleaner works on the random algorithm programming technology. Although, it may cover the same area many times but the machine makes sure that it had covered the entire area of the room at least once. Being an automatic machine it works on a battery. The machine is so designed that it can recharge itself, if at all it goes low on battery. Robot vacuum cleaners are designed sleek and compact so as to make them reach even the hard places of the room. They can very well clean the areas under your sofa set, heavy furniture, stools, table legs and stairs. Thus, one can easily say that robot vacuum cleaner is one of the best vacuum cleaners available today that provides 100% cleaning results.
Canister Vacuum bags – Do they keep dust under wraps?
Everything that a vacuum picks up, no matter what it may be, needs to be deposited somewhere, normally in a canister vacuum bag. Before 1920, the bags for vacuum cleaners resembled the type of bags that golfers used to carry their clubs. That was until the Air Way Sanitizer Company of Ohio introduced the first vacuum cleaner with a disposable vacuum bag. They were rather heavy and awkard devices made out of thick, stiff canvas, designed to be very flexible and still keep dust and debris from the carpets from escaping out into the air.
The improvements made by the Air Way Sanitizer disposable vacuum bag went a long way toward improving the effectiveness of the vacuum cleaner. Made out of paper, the bag was designed to fit inside of the cloth bag. Not only did it make cleaning the vacuum easier, but it also kept the insides of the stationary bag clean at all times so that less of the dust and debris could be blown out of the vacuum and make its way through the home again.
These days, there are very few vacuum cleaners that use bags. Bagless is the way to go these days, and for good reason. What was once a revolution in household cleaning, is now rapidly fading away and fast.
Bagged vs Bagless
There is a debate raging in the world of vacuum cleaners today, whether to use a bag or to go bag less. A bagged vacuum cleaner requires that you replace the bag when full. This is sometimes difficult to tell, and some consumers don’t replace the bag often enough. Then there are some vacuum cleaner owners that feel that changing the vacuum cleaner bag out is such a unpleasant task and let the bag fill with filth causing the vacuums suction ability to diminish.
With bag less vacuum cleaners you don’t have to worry about checking the bag since you can see the dirt in full view. Some vacuums have a dirt cup with a fill line that, once the dirt reaches this line, it’s time to empty the cup. There are bag less vacuums that have filters that require maintenance. The filters need to be cleaned or the suction of the vacuum is diminished. Emptying the dirt cup can be a challenge, creating a huge dusty mess.
The supporters of the bagless vacuum deem that the dirt cup is an modern way to keep your vacuum working efficiently. You can visually see when the dirt cup needs emptying and if emptied regularly the vacuum remains efficient. The visual effect of a full dirt cup is enough to drive even the least interested user to empty it.
In reality when you take personal ideas aside, vacuum cleaner bags are not pricey and are easily changed. Regular replacing of the bags keeps your vacuum working effectively. Some vacuum cleaner machines have an alerting light that lets the user know when a replacement canister vacuum bag is need. The full vacuum cleaner bag is easily slipped off and a new bag put in its place.
Canister vacuum bags can be found anywhere
If you make a decision to purchase a vacuum cleaner that needs bags there are many different sellers of vacuum bags. You can buy canister vacuum bags from almost any grocery, drug or hardware store. You can also shop online from online stores that sell canister vacuum bags. You will find from Kirby vacuum bags to Miele vacuum bags in different quantities. A number of manufacturers of vacuum bags make generic bags that can fit a number of different makes of vacuum cleaners. As an example, If you have a Eureka vacuum machine you will not need a specific more expensive Eureka vacuum bag but in its place you can use an inexpensive generic bag. This allows the canister vacuum bags to be reasonable inadvertently encouraging vacuum owners to stock up on bags and change them out more frequently.
The choice to Bag or not is very much a personal one. For all the improvements in the bag less world there is new technology in the bagged vacuum cleaner world. By that token, canister vacuum bags will be here and in use for a long time.